Tenant Advisory Practice
Does Your Real Estate Strategy Support Your Business Strategy?
Commercial and industrial real estate lease costs typically rank as the second highest corporate operating expense, second only to corporate payroll. These costs can be most efficiently managed when real estate strategies are customized and deliberately created to support a company’s individual business plan. While some very large companies have in-house real estate professionals to cull and analyze data, make required real estate decisions and negotiate on the company’s behalf, most prefer to leverage third party expertise for this critical corporate function. That is why we designed Newmark Knight Frank Smith Mack's Tenant Advisory Practice as your corporate real estate department for hire.
Stated succinctly, our mission is to help commercial office and industrial space users define and implement customized real estate solutions. Unfavorable real estate commitments can hamstring a company for years. Too much space costs the bottom line; too little space coupled with lack of expansion space opportunities can be even more costly. Our oversight and experience helps avoid these issues. More than a commodity, your space has a large impact on operations, culture, availability of labor and financial needs and, most importantly, your profitability. In a national real estate market populated by professional landlords, tenants have the most to benefit from professional representation.
Newmark Knight Frank Smith Mack’s Tenant Advisory Practice combines local knowledge with a global reach and unprecedented financial analysis. We know the available space, the terms offered, the active players, the market trends and the inside stories. We appreciate the nuances of negotiation tactics and lease structures for any size transaction, property type or market. Most importantly, we make it a priority to understand our client's business thoroughly so that we know how to manage occupancy costs to provide optimal benefits to your specific business.
Benefits to You:
• Our tenant advisory services are provided at no cost to you
• Our tenant advisors will pledge a fiduciary obligation to negotiate for you based on your stated goals and objectives
• Engaging our tenant advisors puts you on equal footing with professionally-represented landlords
• Our tenant advisors have access and insight into comparable transactions, market trends, key real estate players and a host of real estate industry tools and software to assist in negotiating the right deal at the right price for you
Newmark Knight Frank Smith Mack’s Tenant Advisory Practice has a proven track record in representing large, well established companies as well as, young, growing companies. We can help you leverage your internal resources, focus on your core business and lower your occupancy costs to meet the objectives of your overall business plan.
Scope of Services
Consolidation, Relocation, Renewal, Expansion, Sublease and Moving Expertise
• Strategic planning
• Project team vetting and coordination
• Lease analysis and occupancy administration
• Market surveys and analysis
• Competitive bids
• Maximizing site incentives
• Site selection
• Lease negotiations
• Restructuring and enhancing current space
• Relocation Management and Project Management (additional service provided upon request)